Lock in your vehicle's true market value
Let’s say you own a custom, classic, or collector car. Odds are its a reflection of a life well-lived or a winter spent underneath it in your garage.
What is it’s value? Insurance companies understand normal, everyday cars because that’s what normal, everyday people drive. They have no idea how to value your 30-year-old classic, or the hot rod you spent the last five years plugging away at.
That’s where we come in. Oceanside Auto Appraisers is owned and operated by David Sampson, located in Oceanside, Vancouver Island, BC. Dave has spent the past twenty years restoring examples of the world’s great cars. We understand the cost, the time, the effort – the love – that you put into your project because we’ve done it ourselves. Hands-on experience makes all the difference. We don’t just like cars, we live them.
Full appraisal and valuation
We provide full appraisal and valuation services for owners of classic, custom or collector cars. We have extensive experience with custom rods, muscle cars, and exotics from America, Europe, or Japan.
As a trained appraiser of collectable and specialty vehicles, we use numerous industry sources as well as books, the internet, and data from auctions and from sales by dealers and private owners. We spend time researching the history of your car, digging deep to find out any information to help your appraisal truly reflect the value of your car.
We deliver the most modern, digital, and comprehensive appraisal on the market and include all this data so you can see and understand how the values were created for your vehicle. In addition, your report includes professional-quality digital photographs to back up your appraisal.
Using established and industry-accepted formats, we can calculate the value for any vehicle no matter how rare or unique it is.
Remember: “it’s your responsibility to show your insurance company the Current Market Value of your vehicle if you want it insured correctly.”
- This report is used to provide a Current Market Value for your collector or Modified vehicle to ICBC or other insurance organization. This is very important if you have invested in the vehicle.
- Our report is in a recognised format for insurance use.
- It verifies the authenticity of the vehicle.
- It provides a third-party appraisal of the condition of the vehicle.
- Pictures used for verification of condition.
- Report can be used for ICBC collector application
- Can be used in court or to gain finance
Used by anyone looking to purchase a collector/specialty vehicle. We get many calls from US clients looking to buy a car for sale in BC they find it cost effective to pay for an inspection of this type, rather than traveling to view the car
- Car is road tested and the Market Value based on condition, vehicle authenticated.
- Pictures used to show condition, top side/under, engine, trunk, and interior.
- Video can be used to show the car running.
- If required, a mechanical survey can be provided by a licensed technician (extra cost).
Choose your package
Our various appraisal packages include:
- Full-colour laser printed report with professional quality photographs
- Recognized by all major insurance companies.
- Detailed record on every aspect of your vehicle: body and paint, mechanical, suspension, brakes, all work done to your vehicle, recent upgrades/changes/repairs
- VIN verification and decoding
- Vehicle history report
- Valuation certificate
- Digital and print copies available